GPS and the map
Just finished updated on Penang Map. When I first got my hand on GPS, I thought I was going to use it mainly for my mountain biking activity. You know, a picture speaks thousands words. Show them the map is better than put it in writing. Furthermore, I don't speak and write English well(compare to the native speaker lah). Then KH Leng, one of the members from the SGA group showed me the forum for local Garmin GPS users, Garmin GPS Maps of Malaysia/Singapore, and I was introduced into this making map for Garmin GPSr thinggy. Man am I hooked! Since then, I always go out with my GPSr. One eye on the road and one scanning for places to be recorded. I am taking care of Penang. At first it was just the island. And then members of the forum got ambitious, they want me to do the mainland as well. I said no I can't do it because mainland is much larger coverage than the island. So I resisted the temptation of doing it. But itchy hand lah. I started collect track logs, logging way points etc etc...It's addictive! So what happen to my initial intention of recording trails for my MTB rides? Yeah I am still doing it. So far, Sungai Ara Farmer Trail, Bukit Gambier Hiking Trail and Batu Kawan MTB Trail are on the map. Is it fun? Hmm, don't know lah. But I think I've got the satisfaction to know that I am one of the few who this neat gadget not only in Penang, but in Malaysia as well. Typical Penangite mah, what to do???...:) 




<< Home