Screens on the Penang Bridge
Lately I have been reading comments about the screens that recently put up on the Penang Bridge. Some say it is a right move to do so and some say it is a bad idea. Reason? By putting up the screens drivers and passengers alike will not be able to enjoy the view. Ok this is my "dua sen"(ok lah it means two cents). You are driving on the bridge at 80 to 120kph(Yup, the speed limit is 80kph on the bridge but it seems like no one cares), and you want to "enjoy the beauty of nature while on the bridge"? Aren't you supposed to pay full attention on the road than doing so? I strongly believe that those buggers who make such comments are not the frequent Penang Bridge users. The purpose of the putting up of screen is to stop people from staring when there is an accident on the opposite side of the road. It is very inconvenient to other road users because of their curiosity(or should I say stupidity, inconsidertion, arrogants etc etc), cars slow down(sometimes to a crawling pace). When other drivers get impatient and floor the accelerator, another accident happen. I get very agitated when I see car in front of me slows down just to take a peek at the accident. I normally honk thier brains off, and when overtake them I show them my middle finger. It's none of your fucking business ok? Let authority cleans the mess. We drivers should stay out of the scene as soon as possible. I remember once I asked a friend of mine why they slow down or stop since the people involved were not thier relaives or someone they know. This is the reply I got, "We stop because we want to jolt down the vehicle registration numbers so that can we go bet on 4D/6D/Toto."! Well, I don't gamble so I don't know what are the odds of winning the numbers taken from the accidents. What I know it is really really annoying!



<< Home