Monday, August 15, 2005

Geocaching, anyone?

Never thought that there are caches in Penang. So I decided to try it yesterday. Found the one in Greenhill, a popular hiking spot in Island grades. It was the second time I visited this hiking spot.
It took me about 20 minutes to reach to the peak. Along the way I saw few hikers going up or coming down. It was probably due to the haze and also the time. It was getting late. I started my hike at around 6pm.
It didn't take me long to find the cache. It was an easy one though it requires some efforts to climb the hill. Anyway, great hike and good one if you consider that this is my first time doing geocaching.
Info about Geochaching: http://www.geocaching.com/

It is not popular yet in Malaysia. Maybe because of the cost incurred. The price of typical Garmin GPS in Malaysia is normally twice of what GPS users pay for in the US of A. But it is catching up. We have a bunch of lucky ones who got their hands on GPS, and there are few caches in Penang, waiting to be discovered by others. Funny though, when I asked those I know about where they get their GPS units, none of them got it from local vendors. That really tell something, ain't it?

It's Monday, and I feel like shit. Monday blue huh?
Last Layout Update: 4:24 PM 9/21/2005