Thursday, August 18, 2005

Geocaching, Hummer, Cheetah

I just placed a cache at the peak of Bukit Gambier trail yesterday. Eventhough it was still hazy, I succumbed to my urge to ride yesterday and went for it.Geocaching is very popular in the States and countries in the western. But it is not here. Maybe it is because of the availability and the price of GPS here that makes it difficult to be famous. There are still followers. Most who are into this are normally what we call geeks. Well a cache has been placed in Bukit Gambier and posted the announcement at Geocaching. I'll see how often it will be visited.

I read with interest about the discussion of Hummer at the Malsing map forum. I wonder if they know before Hummer there was a Cheetah? This machine was made by Lamborghini and was only for the riches and famouses. Infact, one has to be super rich to own one! I was thrilled by it when I first saw the miniature model of this monster. Since then, it has become my dream machine. My later search for it also revealed that it was developed to bid for a contract to supply the next generation of military vehicle in US. Of course it was won by the now famous Hummer. No matter what, it is still my dream machine. Both Hummer and Cheetah are ugly. They don't mean to be pretty in any sense. But I like them. They have character. They are just like my kind of woman; they don't have to be drop dead gorgeous but they must have character. It will be nice if they were drop dead gorgeous. Life is always like that. You can't have both, character and beauty. You hafta pick one. Come back to this Cheetah and Hummer thinggies. Just imagine sitting in one of these machines and listen to the roar of the V8 or V12 engines. Wow! Of course, don't expect them to be a chic magnet. Yeah like I care!

Info about Cheetah and Hummer:
Cheetah: http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/LM002/
Hummer: http://www.hummer.com/
Last Layout Update: 4:24 PM 9/21/2005