Toys

There are three things that I would never leave without for my cycling trips; my Suunto wrist computer, my antique Nokia 6250 aka the crab beater and my Nikon 3200 digicam. Now add to the family my newly acquired Garmin Vista GPS unit. So there are four. I use the watch to tell me time and direction when I am lost, the cell phone to call help if there's any emergency(providing there is a coverage of course), my digicam to catch the the unforgetable moments during the trip, i.e, I managed to snap a rare scene during the recent felowship that one of the riders I know to be quite capable of experienced cramps, and my GPS to record the track so that when I am back I can use it to map out the trail I visit. It also saved my butt when I was lost in the middle of jungle somewhere in Balik Pulau. Yeah no matter where I go I am still on the island. But this gadget helps me and my riding partners to come out in one piece and able to be home for lunch. Without it I wouldn't know if we were able to catch the late night show on that day!
People nowadays are so blessed that they have all these electronic gadgets to help them in their daily routines. I wonder one day if there are no more cellphones, GPS, computers, multispeed MTB and other rigs that we take for granted now, will we be able to function as normal? You know, back to the basic. Can we survive? Hmm...I wonder! Ok enough of toking kok. Time for dinner. See ya!



<< Home