Job Interview
I went for an interview in Alor Star yesterday. It was for a position of Supplier Quality Engineer with one smallish American firm that makes nothing but LED panel, Adaptive Micro System. I didn't expect much from them since because of my age and location. It turned out that they were actually looking for a head of department! I didn't ask for much when it comes to salary. It was just a slightly more than I used to get from my last corporate job. I banged my head to the wall when I realized later! I should have asked for more!
It turned out good. They are more layback than ECMs(Electronic Contract Manufacturer). Maybe it's also because of the location of this factory. I am quite surprise to see an electronic factory in Alor Star. Furthermore it is one of the Fortune 500 companies.
An ex-colleague of mine who is now working for Jabil called me up too. He was surpised that I was looking for job and wonder if I were interested to be his right hand man. I don't know about that though. He's my friend. No doubt we were in Solectron he was more senior than me. But sometimes you know, friends are quite awkward to work together. Actually before he called his subordinate already called me yesterday, and I didn't answer. Apparently he's got screwed for that(I found out about it when I called his subordinate to make an appointment), and he himself decided to call me up.
I'll see what happen, and I wouldn't expect much from them. Personally, I prefer not to work under him and see familiar faces again. Call it a pride if you will. Although Alor Star is 100km from here, I hope I will hear from them soon. Another reason: They offered an opportunity to be my own boss. Tis will sure be better than working under one's supervision!
Well reality bites too. It will all boil down to what can they offer!
Lets see what happens.
It turned out good. They are more layback than ECMs(Electronic Contract Manufacturer). Maybe it's also because of the location of this factory. I am quite surprise to see an electronic factory in Alor Star. Furthermore it is one of the Fortune 500 companies.
An ex-colleague of mine who is now working for Jabil called me up too. He was surpised that I was looking for job and wonder if I were interested to be his right hand man. I don't know about that though. He's my friend. No doubt we were in Solectron he was more senior than me. But sometimes you know, friends are quite awkward to work together. Actually before he called his subordinate already called me yesterday, and I didn't answer. Apparently he's got screwed for that(I found out about it when I called his subordinate to make an appointment), and he himself decided to call me up.
I'll see what happen, and I wouldn't expect much from them. Personally, I prefer not to work under him and see familiar faces again. Call it a pride if you will. Although Alor Star is 100km from here, I hope I will hear from them soon. Another reason: They offered an opportunity to be my own boss. Tis will sure be better than working under one's supervision!
Well reality bites too. It will all boil down to what can they offer!
Lets see what happens.



<< Home