Thursday, January 19, 2006

Something to share with

It makes me rethink about what other people view their religion believes in this country. Do they view it as a way of life, or something that they believe that they would gain benefits from it?

Few days ago, when I was about to take Little David for his evening exercise at Pearl Hill, a group of people approached me. A gentlemen who appeared to be the leader of the group asked if I could spare few minutes to speak to him. I could see he was a pastor or some sort since he's wearing a high collar front button black shirt and matching trousers and shoes. To my own expectation, he would like to give me something free to read about. I politely decline because I did not want to be wasteful by accepting something that I would not read, even it was free. You know, saving environment is a sacred act too. He did not give up and started to talk about calling to GOD. I told him that I was a Baptist so it was ok.

As I was about to ask him what was his denomination and where the church he was servicing, he started to pursuade me to follow his since I might find his a better one. You see, I am trying to be open minded and welcome others to approach me to share their experiences with the religion they believe or follow. I even welcome intellectual discussions about Quran, Bible, Tao De Jin or any other holybooks. Because through discussion I find myself to understand more about other's ways of life or the philosophy that lies behind these scriptures. We may not agree to each other. But it helps to understand each other's more.

I have made lots of friends through this. We call it spiritual exchange. We don't try to talk each into believing theirs. We just exchange our views on certain thing, i.e., Should we review the Ten Commandent? or other things like that. We leave it to each of us to decide if the issue of conversion arise. That means we never tell others that ours is better so they should join us. Tis I call an open mind, and it really really helps me in dealing with people with different faiths. Of course, I must apologize for being mischievious sometimes since sometimes my evilself takes over, and I can't help it...;)

Coming back to this pastor/preacher, I totally disagreed with what he said. What the hell was he thinking about when he said I should try his because I might find it better? Religion is not a merchandized item. It is a spiritual thing. We can't use money to buy it. If we do, it's not a religion or something that means evil. I felt sick and disgust by his statement. He should be ashame of saying it. I told him bluntly that I am my own boss, and I don't need others to talk me into choosing what religion or in this context what denomination I should follow. In othe word, I told him to mind his own business and fuck off. Maybe he sensed my annoyance of his remarks. He quickly apologized and walked away.

Just something to share with. But this incidence really give me a deep thought about it afterwards. I am really dissapointed of his remarks.

So buddy, next time if you have a chance to preach for your believe, be careful for what you are saying. Try pick the right word and don't criticize other's believes. You are doing a good deed by spreading the wisdom of GOD. But it is also a sin to criticize/insult others.

Something to share with. Yup, I am in a zen mode now...:)

God bless!
Last Layout Update: 4:24 PM 9/21/2005