Le Run Bicycle
Ever Polygon of Indonesea takes over this company, they have been trying to upgrade the quality of products of Le Run. Le Run used to sell consumer grade bicycles. That means they are not competition grade machines. You can use them to cycle to the wet market nearby for grocery shopping. But they will break into pieces when they subjected to abuse.
I looked at their 2006 line up just. It's basically Polygon's products. Polygon is a bike manufacturer that is serious about building quality products. They have their own trade team and line of high quality bikes. But they are not well known in the cycling community in Malaysia.
With the build and the price posted on local newspaper advertisement, I must say they are very attractive. Of course I still have few grouses on the part they are putting on the bike. Shimano high end parts with entry level front fork?? Look like there are some improvements in their part matching deparment!
Will they be able to convince hardcore cyclist like me to buy their products? I am going to say it will be difficult. Unless they appear in major cycling magazines and being test ridden by them and come out with flying colors. Also, I think they will need to get participated in major cycling events like Tour De France, Tour De Langkawi, Sea Otter International or MTB International Champaionship to get noticed!
Giant has done it. So does Tank. They sponsor major trade teams and won few prizes. Then average cyclists like me start to get notice. Their price is just nice. Where can you get a professional graded racing bicycle at less than RM10k? That reminds me of my once own Giant TCR ONCE(it reads On-Say). That's another sad story to tell.
Anyway, lets see what happen. Proton has failed miserably. I'd rather thrown my money into sea than buying any of their bicycles! I do hope that Le Run will become another successful local brand.
http://www.polygoncycle.com/newproduct.htm
I looked at their 2006 line up just. It's basically Polygon's products. Polygon is a bike manufacturer that is serious about building quality products. They have their own trade team and line of high quality bikes. But they are not well known in the cycling community in Malaysia.
With the build and the price posted on local newspaper advertisement, I must say they are very attractive. Of course I still have few grouses on the part they are putting on the bike. Shimano high end parts with entry level front fork?? Look like there are some improvements in their part matching deparment!
Will they be able to convince hardcore cyclist like me to buy their products? I am going to say it will be difficult. Unless they appear in major cycling magazines and being test ridden by them and come out with flying colors. Also, I think they will need to get participated in major cycling events like Tour De France, Tour De Langkawi, Sea Otter International or MTB International Champaionship to get noticed!
Giant has done it. So does Tank. They sponsor major trade teams and won few prizes. Then average cyclists like me start to get notice. Their price is just nice. Where can you get a professional graded racing bicycle at less than RM10k? That reminds me of my once own Giant TCR ONCE(it reads On-Say). That's another sad story to tell.
Anyway, lets see what happen. Proton has failed miserably. I'd rather thrown my money into sea than buying any of their bicycles! I do hope that Le Run will become another successful local brand.
http://www.polygoncycle.com/newproduct.htm



<< Home