Monday, December 19, 2005

Oriental Whip Snake



I saw this beauty when I was on my way to hunt for a geocaching site. Nice, isn't it?

I was supposed to go mountain biking but I woke up late. So I decided to go geocaching at the Youth Park instead. There were two new sites recently set up by others, one in Point 3 and one at G84. The weather was quite good even it was close to 10am. It must be due to the incessant rain for the last two days. As the time was late, I hardly saw any hikers on the way up. Along the way I also saw few downhiller doing their stunt on the trail. They must be very surprised to see me going up. Apparently the leader recognized me. He greeted me although I had no idea who he was(He was on full face crash helmet).

I thought I could hunt at least two caches. But I ended up only one. The one that I planted at Point 5 rest station was muggled, and I had to attend to it. It was the second time for it to be muggled. I don't know if it was an coincidence. For twice when it was muggled, it always happened after someone found the cache. Some nosy hikers checked and stole the content of the cache maybe? The English stash note that was accompanied in the cache did not spare it from being opened and thrown away. Well, what can I expected? I am living in the third world country. I cannot expect the others to act as first class citizens. Anyway, I moved the cache to a new location, and hopefully it would remain there longer. But if it happens again, I'm going to disable this cache.

Oh yeah, did I find the one hidden at Point 3? Yup. While I was searching for it I saw this beautiful reptile. According to the info I found on the net, it does bite but it won't kill you. Well, it'd better to be safe than sorry in the wild. So if you see it next time, don't kill it. It deserves to be lived. Just don't provoke it. Let it go. At the same time appreciate how beautiful it is. We should share our space with them!

Time to dinner. Talk cock later!

Info on Oriental Whip Snake: http://www.ecologyasia.com/verts/snakes/oriental_whip-snake.htm
Last Layout Update: 4:24 PM 9/21/2005