Saturday, November 19, 2005

Local Universities

I am quite shocked to read that only 30% of the teaching staffs in local universities are PhDs.

I don't want to start a debate about foreign vs local colleges thing but as the highest learning instituitions in the country, can't they spend more on hiring more PhD as their teaching staffs? Even at NYIT, which is not in the top 200 ranking in the THES 2006 name list, has more PhD than the local ones.

I start to see why their ranking drops, and sadly those buggers who runs the colleges have least of worries about it.

I am beginning to worry about the future of little David too. What if I can't afford to send him overseas, and he has to attend those 3rd class colleges over here?

You wanna read what I am trying to say here? Here it is:
http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/11/19/nation/12642880&sec=nation
Last Layout Update: 4:24 PM 9/21/2005