Hermit Crab
I saw this when I decided to go for a hike yesterday. It was at Monkey beach. I think it was washed ashore by the wave and was franticly trying to go back to the water again when I saw it. When it saw me approaching, it quickly hid back into its shell, hoping that I wouldn't do it any harm. It's very rare to see hermit crabs in Penang now. Since it is very sensitive to excological change, a slight contaminant will sure kill the whole population. I took a picture of it before I threw it back to the sea. An interest search on the net shows me it is considered to be exotic pet in the US and endangered species in Australia(http://www.hermit-crabs.com/perlatus.htm). But in Malaysia nothing has done about it. Hmm...Anyway, it was an excellent hike and it cost me nothing. Well ok, RM3 of fuel and RM2 for my breakfast and lunch. I wonder why people need to go so far to enjoy the same stuff I am enjoying at Penang National Park?
This little creature also reminded me of the people surrounding me. Some of them just act like the hermit crab. Their world is bounded by the four walls of their shells. What happen outside is none of their concern eventhough the change can affect their lives. When danger comes, they just hide inside their shells by hoping that their shells will protect them. I don't understand this kind of thinking. Can't they just think outside the box sometimes? I find it very annoying when talk to this group of people. Often time it will come to my nerve, and I just want to beat them up.
Still no news from my job search. Time is running out for me.



<< Home