Tuesday, January 10, 2006

In Zen Mode Again


Zen mode one: Ming was pretty upset when he got to know that I may give it a pass to attend our youngest brother's wedding registration ceremony. He thought I should give it a chance by showing kind of "support". I don't like short notice. Because it screws up my schedule. I always plan things weeks in advance, i.e., if I want to go mountain biking on Sunday after two weeks, I start planning now. Short notice likes this will screw the whole thing, and I hate it when people do it to me. It doesn't matter if that people were my wife, my old folks or even my brothers. If you really care about me attending your occasion, two weeks at least in advance please. Otherwise, unless it is a life threatening, I will put yours at the bottom of my priority list.

Zen mode two: Lunch partner is having a problem with her relationship. My worst nightmare is not a really a dream so it seems. I feel bad about her relationship turn sour. I hope it is not because of me. From what she told me about her boy friend, I can tell it would not last long(I didn't tell her of course). He's a mama boy. Everything must refer to mama first. He is also a nice kid. You can say he's your aunt Ann favorite son in law as he doesn't smoke, he doesn't do drugs, he doesn't gamble, he doesn't use foul language, he doesn't listen to pop music, he drives a Honda City and he stays at home during the weekend watching soup opera. In anther word, he's boring. He doesnt even send her flower or small gifts. I feel bad about saying this but I can't help it. I had a chat with her last night and offered my shoulder for her to sob. So I told her few jokes to cheer her up. Suffice to say I am not very successful until I added few salt to the joke, ahem. To spice up the mood lah, so to speak! Buddy if you read this please listen. If you think it doesn't work out, please talk to him. The earlier the better. Don't wait until it's too late. This is a cruel world. I know it hurts to say sorry-you-are-not-my-type-because-you-stink-and-I-have-to-say-bye-bye-to-you. But it will be temporary. Don't wait until you get married and have a kid with him. Until then things will be very complicated since it involves a child. Imagine how traumatize the kid will be by knowing that his parents would go separate ways. I'll pray for you!
Last Layout Update: 4:24 PM 9/21/2005