The latest development of the GPS map of Penang
If you visit the map/sing map forum right now, you can see that the members are excited about the latest thinggy on the map: adding topo lines. We all are very excited. I actually found out about it before it was discussed in the forum. But too bad, the OS I am using in my pc is not good enough for the software used to create this topo line. So I KIV the plan and hopefully one day I can do so with more updated OS.One of the mappers is already get his map compiled and to be released for download soon. I too have managed to paste the lines into the map and get the person who works with me to get it compiled. Of course, we still need to do house keeping on the lines since there are few lines that lie in the places that are not supposed to be.
The problem I am facing right now is to get the topo map from JUPEM to compare the accuracy. Friend of mine tried to get it. Their reply: maps from the northern region are restricted. Oh well, I'll see what I can do lah...:)



<< Home