Friday, July 29, 2005

Rude Malaysian

Oh yeah, just wanna share with you this from the same newspaper that I mentioned in my last blog.

You may find some of the scenes very familiar. It took me a while to get used to it after living a number of years overseas. Take the way we drive for example, I have seen countless people cutting queue, changing lanes without putting on indicator, road hogging, using high beam at well lit road etc. I used to give those who cut queue a middle finger when I first came back. It is quite annoying yet people see it as a norm. Being polite or show courtesy to the fairer sex can sometimes be intepreted as we might want to take advantage of them. Have you ever been shown a face when you open a door for a woman in public place? I have and since then I stop doing it! Sometimes it's good for being chivalry. But I think I have to be careful now...;)

No wonder the current PM laments about first world infrastructure but with third world midset!

Anyway, here it is. Enjoy!

http://thestar.com.my/mmedia/video/rudemalaysian.asp
Last Layout Update: 4:24 PM 9/21/2005