Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A thought




Yeah it's 10.15pm, and I am still in the office;)


I decided to stay back to further test the broadband that I recent signed up. First few days were an affair of frequent disconnections until I found what happened. It wasn't caused by bad lines or bad hardware. It was caused by the dragged DUN. Once I unchecked the disconnected if stay idle feature, the problem solved! It seems so simple yet for someone who are not used to probing around the computer and the software that runs, it seens like a miracle that just a few clicks I would to solve this bugging problem! To tell you the truth, I was totally clueless for first few days. I even went further by looking at the modem setup, which is an unadvisable move. But no risk no fun. It just like mountain biking. You know the slope is steep, and there is 50-50 chance that you would end up fly over your bike and the bikewould land on you and you would end lying on bed in hospital for weeks with broken arms and legs. Still, you want to do it. No risk no fun mah. If you want clean and save rides, go join Fitness First! Ok come back to this. So after dissected the setting of the modem, I was still puzzled why it hung up itself after half an hour or so. It's quite annoying when I was in the middle of sending catalogs to my clients. Then I started to realize that since it also used DUN, maybe there was something in DUN that caused this frequent disconnect thinggy. Viola, or shoud I say Eureka! I found it. Uncheck it and today I am online since this morning!
Am I happy now? Well, lets see if I could get this eMule thinggy working...hehe.
Last Layout Update: 4:24 PM 9/21/2005