Broadband

I finally give in and subscribe a broadband account. I have been resisting the temptation of getting one since speed and convenience can be very addictive! Well, here I am, finally hop on the bandwagon and surf the net at warp speed!
It is just a basic package with 512kbps down/256kbps up. I got it activated two days ago, and since then I have been playing around with it. The challenging part is how to configure the modem to its fullest potential.
Anyway, so far so good. At least I manage to resolve the frequent disconnections that has plagued other broadband users using the same modem and ISP. It's actually a simple uncheck disconnect if stay idle on the modem's DUN, that's all!
Am I happy with the speed? The speed test says the connection reaches almost 90% of the published to speed, watch online live TV no problem and download/upload e-mails with huge attachments with ease. Complain? How come there isn't a news server for Streamyx users? Don't they use it? Well, life ain't perfect, ain't it?
Btw, I still haven't found what 's the name of that creature I saw during my last MTB ride. Anyone?



<< Home