Monday, March 13, 2006

The Job


After so much of hassle I finally got hold of my employment letter from Jabil and will submit it later today. I haven't told the old folks yet. Long hair was quite happy when she heard that I got it on Friday. Well, I have to do something for her and little David. I think I am going to tell them tomorrow. I will have to brace for the storm when they hear what am I going to say.
The feeling is mixed. I feel relieved because for the coming time I don't have to worry about paying bills and also about to pay my debts to my friends and siblings. This is my last last chance to get a corporate job. If I decide to leave again few months or years down the line, I am not going to be able to go back again. But I also feel miserable for leaving the business. I think I have to do something to get myself out of this shit hole. If I come back in future, there will be not family members running the business. I am gonna be on my own. I have seen it. It doesn't work. Too much sentiments thrown in. I decided to keep quiet in the last two years, not involved and focus myself in getting a job instead because I realized that they cannot accept my corporate approach, and also I didn't have a team to work with me(I didn't pay their salary so why should they listen to me?).
Anyway, I'll see how it goes. The offer is not the one I want. I don't want to talk about it again. It is my greatest regret. I'll make sure that little David will not repeat the mistake I made 10 years ago!
Oh the flower, it's kangkong or water convolvulus. Look like morning glory, ain't it? Actually they are closely related!
Last Layout Update: 4:24 PM 9/21/2005