Bukit Gambier
I went up to Bukit Gambier yesterday. The traffic on the way to the trail head was expected to be heavy. But I did not except there were so many people coming for the ride that day. I could see that most of them were not regulars. Infact you can say that they are newbies. A bunch of yuppies who just drop their hard earned cash on a human powered two wheeler that can be as expensive as a Perodua Kanchil. I was the first one who arrived at the trail head. While setting up my trusty VooDoo, I noticed there was a guy sitting in his car apparently waiting for someone. 15 minutes later the whole came in. Which flashy bikes on their cars. Compare to their bikes and cars, mines were simply not worth to talk about! We exchanged few pleasentries and showed my ooh and aah about their cars and bikes(of course inside my mind I said something else!) and ahem, enjoyed a view of curves and well laid contours...;)It turned out they were friends of my friend when my friend showed up. I didn't waste any time since I saw that they would spend aother 10 minutes or so to fix up their bikes.
So I was on the peak 30 minutes later. Saw other regulars and had few chat about car mods and yes, place the log book into the cache that I set up few days. So far, no one seems to visit the cache yet. I hope in the next few weeks or so I should see someone come and find it!
What happen to the newbies? As usual lah. All the huffs and puffs and complains about how tough it was. I started first and I was tailing them from behind since I ws going for a longer detour. I could imagine their responses when I overtook them on a bike that look very much like a cheap 200 ringgit two wheel rig used by Bangla!



<< Home