Friday, October 07, 2005

My bicycles



Just took my bikes out and oiled them. I have not been riding them since I came back from the last Ipoh fellowship ride two months ago. I am riding another one. Just for the record, I own three mountain bike and briefly a road racing bike. That road racing was my second one, and it was a pianful moment when I decided to let it go since I knew I wouldn't be able to get another one for a long time. Again, long story.
They have been with me for the last four years. Some of my riding partners already change their bikes more frequent than they change their clothes or girlfriends. Call me a sentimental lot if you will. I tend to become attached not only to people I am closed with, but also to the stuffs that I own or use. Everytime when I want to replace them with a newer ones, I always have that kind of feeling. It's like a feeling that I am letting go someone I love. It is going to be an emotional departure. For the first few days, my mood would be at the rock bottom end and having no apetite for my favorite food(funny I still want a cup of freshly brewed coffee in the morning even when I am feeling blue). I still remember I cried when I let go my Giant TCR. It was very painful for me to see it being carried away by its next owner.
Because of that, I didn't call my friend for the last three months. I know I wouldn't be able to control my feeling if I call her. I know I was going to be very emotional. Though we never become intimate, it is still painful to see her going out with someone else. My logical self tells me that for the good of her, I'd better stay out of her life. I think I make a good decision for fading out from her life. The recent crash of my eletronic gadgets help too.
I still haven't heard from them yet. I think we are out of their picture now. Oh boy, how am I going to do? Time to look at Jobstreet.com again, I guess?
Last Layout Update: 4:24 PM 9/21/2005