Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Hiking

I went hiking with a group of regular hikers. I did not know them well except the group leader, who is a webmaster of a homepage called Forest Explorers(http://www.forestexplorers.com). AS the name implies, it's about the forest and activities that are related to it in Malaysia. The webmaster was used to be a member of MNS(Malaysian Nature Society), Penang branch. I think he was the one who edited that trail book published by MNS Penang. Somehow he decided to leave MNS and on his own due to some, err, personal reasons. Hmm...
It is something for a change for me. Anyway, I am quite stucked on the island now since I would like to spend time with little David on Sundays. There are not many trails that I could ride on my "mitresses" in Penang, and I have yet to plan another recces. The actually reason is my financial status. I can no longer afford to go whereever I want that I was used to. People may find it funny when I said I became poorer by coming back to help in family business. If they realize how much was my salary then they would not find it funny anymore(Just say even some of those who at the manager level don't have that kind of salary I used to enjoy when I was working!).
The hike turned out to be quite fun. I met few friends, and we are aleady planning for the next hike. I am now pestering Forest Ang to plan a trip to Penang National since I wanted to vist the caches there!

Photos: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=oc6i5yj.51pi6u2b&x=1&y=4dyqqv
Last Layout Update: 4:24 PM 9/21/2005