Friday, September 16, 2005

Penfurnex 2005


Lately I have been getting up late. Something is no right about my biological clock. It's probably the pressure than I am currently facing and couldn't find the viable solutions to them. I don't know but I have a very bad feeling about it.
Ok, the Penfurnex 2005 thing. I just drop by for the last two days. Although I didn't agree in the first place to take part(because they are not professionally done), I just drop by for the sake of showmanship. The picture posted is taken at around 7.30pm, the time when people just finished their dinner and had time to go around. And? It's almost empty in this Exhibition! I asked around. The feedback was it was even worst during the day time. They wonder what went wrong. I think I have the answer. I have not read anything about it on newspaper. The only so-called publicity was via Radio 988, one of the local Chinese radio stations. So apparently the the exibitors only targets at the Chinese audience. Other races, Malay or Indian whether they come or not, it doesn't matter. I don't meddle with this Chinaman club so I am not going to make any comment about it but this is a total failure.
It is a very bad business strategy by isolating others. Malaysia is not a homogenous society, yet we still have this bunch of xenophobic buggers who still think Proton engines are made in China and China is the greatest superpower in the world. Look at the quality of Proton cars, I won't argue it may be the case. But China being superpower? Not now. It will happen. Probably in the next fifty years or so!
My point is they have to wake up. They have to broaden their views. Don't keep on living in the corner and hide themselves like a hermit crab. If they don't wake up now, the days of furniture industry in Malaysia are numbered.

Ok on the lighter side, I also planted a cache there and named it Penfurnex 2005. It is supposed to be the easiest cache amongst three I have planted so far. Lets see if it can be found by others as quick as my other caches as well!
Last Layout Update: 4:24 PM 9/21/2005