Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Burning the midnight oil part duex


Yup, I am burning the midnight oil again. It's currently close to 3am, and I am still in the office working my butt off to meet the deadline.
The project I am working had a new twist this morning. My customer wanted me to be more focus on the wood work and trim down the size of the dry kitchen cabinet instead. Since I was basing my quote on the whole project but not on the individual items, I would have to start from the scratch again.
Painful? Well, if I compare it to the multi-level Partial Differential Equation, my SuperSonic Transport primilinary design or my work on the flight simulation using FORTRAN and C as programming languages, it's not too bad.
Speaking of which, who can expect an aerospace engineering graduate ends up doing low tech stuff such as furniture? I must admit that I am now doing it for my own survival. There's no such thing of feeling satisfied when get the job done. Seeing me feeling not happy for what life has treated me, a friend that was boozing with me suggested me to work on the idea of promoting garbage disposer to our kitchen cabinet clients. Luckily I was in a good mood that night, or he would see me using him as a target practice! Sometimes when under the influence of alcohol guys can say a lot of stupid things. Probably part of his brain was shutting down when he said about that stupid garbage disposer thinggy.
Anyway, come back to this project. So the customer will end saving about RM120k if they accept my second proposal. It's still early to say if we are going to be awarded the project or not. Lets see how it goes from the meeting tommorow.
Last Layout Update: 4:24 PM 9/21/2005