Saturday, September 03, 2005

Arachnophobia and Lata Lembu ride

I saw this creepy creature crawling in my kitchen when I was home last night. Man, it really freaked me out and made me jump into the midair! Others may not be bother by it. But for me, the sight of this eight leggy sends chill to my spine, goose bumps all over the body and my hairs stand up like they were being gel-ed!
I have no problem with snakes and other nasty stuffs. But I don't know why, you will have to kill me if you want me to touch this eight leggy thing! Forget it man, I'd rather handle the cobra than handle this. That's why I don't understand why there are people keeping tarantula as pet!
It was quite agressive when I was using a broom to sweep it out of my kitchen. It rose its front legs when it saw me getting the broom to shoo it away. Let me tell you, it was the most creepy moment that I had had even been! I finally managed to sweep it out of the kitchen without killing it. But I have to sit down for at least an hour before I could breath normally!
It looks like a wolf spider or a tarantula. But I could not find any info about it from the web search engine. It is called "La gia" in Teochew, which is one of the Chinese dialects. Well, I think I will ask around to see who know more about this creepy stuff!
Oh yeah, I went to Lata Lembu for a ride this morning. Marcus, my friend who will be leaving for Kenya for his new job came to my houseto fetch me up. It was a farewell for my friend, so I took a half day off this morning just to join the ride. It was fun. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Lunch was at one of the Malay food stores in Sik. I had never thought that Nasi Melayu or Malay Rice could be so delicous. Me hungry, maybe??
Pix from the ride: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=oc6i5yj.7w73g4sb&x=1&y=22b16h
Last Layout Update: 4:24 PM 9/21/2005