Little David Is In Hospital
He's there again. He had a high fever yesterday. His mom sent him to Gleneagle. We were told to take him back with few fever prescriptions and to bring him back if his fever persist today. I checked his temperature last night. It seemed the temperature had dropped. I thought he was going to be okay but I decided to stay overnight there just in case. Woke up this morning(I hardly slept actually) and saw him watching his favorite cartoon(Mr. Incredible). Checked his temperature again, 38.6°C. It was still high. But when I saw him was quite active, I was thinking it was going to be fine. So I went to see my friend, who came back from Singapore on vacation and had brunch with him and his family.
When I was about to tell my friend that I would drop by his place tonight, my phone rang. My heart skipped a few beats because it was ringing with special ring tone, which means it came from someone I am closed with. Yup, he was admitted to hospital due to high fever, and the doctor decided to put him there for further observation!
What am I going to do? Cancel my appointment at 8pm tonight that I planned and organized since two weeks ago? Fuck the enquiry from Greece and rush to see him now(Like my supervisor whom I was working with used to say, "The dealine was yesterday!")? I don't know. I think the reply to Greece can wait as it is already Saturday now. But I can't cancel the appointment now as I will have visitor from out of town coming over.
Of course I am going to brave the long face from his mom about my insistence to go to my appointment. Anyway, the hell with it. I am going.
When I was about to tell my friend that I would drop by his place tonight, my phone rang. My heart skipped a few beats because it was ringing with special ring tone, which means it came from someone I am closed with. Yup, he was admitted to hospital due to high fever, and the doctor decided to put him there for further observation!
What am I going to do? Cancel my appointment at 8pm tonight that I planned and organized since two weeks ago? Fuck the enquiry from Greece and rush to see him now(Like my supervisor whom I was working with used to say, "The dealine was yesterday!")? I don't know. I think the reply to Greece can wait as it is already Saturday now. But I can't cancel the appointment now as I will have visitor from out of town coming over.
Of course I am going to brave the long face from his mom about my insistence to go to my appointment. Anyway, the hell with it. I am going.



<< Home